Resolving Anger Using Sonship Identity Brings Results When Everything Else Has Failed
Freedom from anger is key to Heart Opened Living:
- This is where you experience connection with God, yourself, and others.
- You feel fulfilled and content.
- Your creativity flows and you move forward in life.
How to be free of anger
When it comes to dealing with anger we have been exhorted, admonished, and given techniques like praying daily for the person we are angry with until our heart changes. Dealing with anger can be elusive, we pray and nothing seems to happen. There is a major key in helping find freedom from anger.
The major key to freedom I have found is that there is usually a reason someone is holding onto anger. Resolving Anger Using Sonship Identity has to do with finding the identity issue behind the anger.
1. Think of the person you are mad at and why. (Go ahead and try journaling this)
2. Now search your heart considering the idea of fully letting it go. Do you notice anything hesitant in your heart to fully release the anger? What if you did fully let it go, how would that make you feel? (Do not give the standard Christian answer from your mind, but look to your heart and see how it feels.)
Most of the time the belief for holding the anger will be something like, “I’ll be unprotected if I let it go; it will happen again,” or “nothing will change,” or “they’ll just get away with it.”
3. Resolving Anger Using Sonship Identity means not trying to deny that feeling; simply acknowledge if that feels true in your heart. Then lift that belief up to God and listen.
“Father, it feels like this anger is the only thing I have to protect me. God would You speak to me about that?”
If you get down to how you really feel and what you really believe by embracing honesty, humility, and childlike meekness, acknowledging the truth – you will hear God speak.
Once the hindrances are out of the way it becomes relatively easy to pray a prayer to release the anger and forgive the person who hurt you. I have done this with many prayer ministry clients and see close to a 100% success rate with this approach. Give it a try, or contact me if you need help with this.
We would love to hear from you. Was this post helpful? Are there topics you’d like to hear more about? Any questions?
Please Leave A Comment and Let Us Know Your Thoughts.