Discovery Devotions Empower You to Connect What Is Happening in Your Heart to Father’s Love
There are wonderful benefits with Discovery Devotions:
- Learning God’s truth from reading scripture
- Hearing God’s voice as you journal
- Expressing your faith through prayers of petition
- Growing in your ability to rest by waiting in His presence
And there is one more huge benefit that isn’t often discussed:
- How Your devotional Times Can Resolve Your Stuck Places
Many times people feel stuck in relationships and personal growth. But we all want to feel like we are growing in our gifting and moving toward our destiny.
You can get this forward movement by building on your ability to hear God’s voice in your devotions.
Mark Virkler has a great teaching on Hearing God’s Voice Through Journaling. This is a really good starting place. From here you can resolve your relationship and personal growth issues as well.
Often, as you wait in God’s presence, negative feelings arise from a recent experience that bothers you. Know that this is quite normal.
And know that this is the perfect time to hold these “triggers” before God and allow Him to help you see what is happening in your heart. Unfortunately though, many people never resolve the triggers that arise in day-to-day life, so they experience “stuckness” in their relationships and personal growth.
As you hold your triggers before God and see what’s actually happening in your heart, you become empowered to take the steps to resolve those things. You can’t fix what you can’t see. So once you acknowledge what’s going on, you can then take action.
Here are some tools to help you resolve the triggers in your devotions:
- Our Discovery Prayer Ministry teaching series – This teaches you all the steps to resolve anything.
- A worksheet on the Discovery Prayer Ministry Steps – This worksheet walks you through resolving an issue step-by-step in your devotional times.
- Our Quick Reference Emotions Sheet – This is a great aid during the “working out” of your issues process.
We also answer all emails with questions on this subject, so feel free to contact us.
Don’t stay stuck a second longer!
“If you do what you’ve always done, you get what you’ve always gotten.” – Anthony Robbins